Can’t Access the Internet With Netgear AC1200 Router [SOLVED]
I have properly set up my Netgear AC1200 router. After that, when I tried to connect my devices to its network, they get connected but I can’t access the internet on them. What should I do? How do I fix it on my own – without spending a penny? – This is one of the major issues reported by Netgear users. If the same issue is spinning your head too and you are looking for a relevant solution, then this post has got you covered.
Here, you will get guided assistance to rectify the internet connectivity issues with your Netgear AC1200 router. Shall we start?
Fixed: Can’t Access the Internet With Netgear AC1200 Router
Basic Tip: Before getting started with the troubleshooting tactics, make sure that you have properly performed the Netgear AC1200 setup.
Walk through the step-by-step guide given below to get internet access on your devices with the Netgear AC1200 router:
- Disconnect your Netgear AC1200 wireless router and try connecting your PC directly to your modem.
- In the event that you still can’t access the internet, get in touch with your ISP.
- On the other hand, if you can access the internet, reconnect your Netgear router as before and go with the next step.
- Access the Netgear login web portal via your computer. In case you are unable to log in to your Netgear WiFi router, keep a check on the following things:
- Make sure that all cables are securely and properly connected to your Netgear wireless router. No cable should be damaged.
- The internet LED on your router should be solid green. If not, refer the manual of your router to fix the light status.
- If you are utilizing a wireless device, confirm if the LED on the wireless adapter is lit.
- Just in case you are making use of a device that is connected to your Netgear router through an Ethernet cable, verify if the LEDs on the ports with cables are lit. On the off chance if a port LED with an Ethernet cable is not lit, connect the cable to a different port on your router.
- If all cables are properly connected and the LEDs are lit the right way, restart your Netgear router.
- Are you now able to log in to your Netgear WiFi router? Once you are on the routerlogin page, run the smart wizard and do the following:
- If PPPoE is found, configure your Netgear wireless router using the login details provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- On the off chance if a static IP address is found, configure your router with its IP address, the address of the ISP’s DNS, and the default gateway’s IP.
- After that, click on the Apply button to continue.
- Doesn’t the smart wizard find an IP address? In such a case, power off the router and modem, wait for some time, and power them on again.
- Click on the button that says Smart Wizard Test to get to the online test page.
Does the page load properly? If yes, it means that you have internet access. Should the page doesn’t show, perform a complete power cycle of your network. After that, verify if the router gets a valid IP address under the Router Status section.
In this way, you can easily get rid of the can’t access the internet issue with your Netgear AC1200 router. Are you still facing the same issue? Let our experts know! Just drop down your queries or issues in the comments section and one of our experts will be available to help you out.