ESPRC Ph.D. scholarship in UK 2021: A student guide
ESPRC Ph.D. scholarship in UK The United Kingdom has been one of the top destinations for higher education for years. Students around the world thrive hard to get enrolled in the UK’s top-notch institutes. The attraction gets doubled when some of these UK-based universities announce a scholarship program for international students. One such program is recently announced named ESPRC scholarship for doctoral students. This article will briefly explain the award with all the descriptions and eligibility criteria. Keep reading to learn more!
About the university:
Brunel University London is a public college situated in the Uxbridge space of London, England. It was established in 1966 and named after the Victorian specialist Isambard Kingdom Brunel. In June 1966, Brunel College of Advanced Technology was granted an illustrious contract and became Brunel University. The college is frequently portrayed as a British plate glass college.
About the scholarship:
ESPRC DTP studentship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. Brunel University London awards the scholarship. Students who are pursuing their doctoral degrees in various disciplines can apply to this opportunity. With numerous financial advantages (explained in the latter portion of this piece), this scholarship is a great opportunity for research students. The number of awards is high, and you can also be a part of the winning crew. Are you interested? Get in touch with study abroad consultants in Islamabad today and start your application process.
i) Brief Description:
International students might not have sufficient information about this award. Following is a detailed description for you to know more about this award. Could you go through it?
- Awarding organization: The scholarship is funded by ESPRC DTP Studentship 2021
- University: The award can only be taken at Brunel University London
- Departments: Students can apply in various departments and disciplines
- Degree level: The scholarship is only offered for doctoral-level students. Students other than Ph.D. are not eligible to apply
- Nationality: International students around the world can apply for this opportunity
- Application mode: Students can apply through the online portal. No need to send the documents physically.
Students, before applying, must keep these points in mind since it will help them in their application process.
ii) Eligibility Criteria:
Successful candidates will grab a doctoral degree from a well-established and well-known institute. It is no less than an honor; however, it won’t come easy. Applicants need to meet certain criteria described by the awarding institute. A general criterion is mentioned in the coming lines.
- Applicants should be international residents. EU students can also apply.
- Students should meet the educational requirements for a respective field.
- Applicants should have at least a first or upper-second class Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Postgraduate degrees are not compulsory. However, a student with a postgraduate degree will be given preference.
- Students should submit an English proficiency certificate along with the application form. The minimum requirement is IELTS 6.5 overall and 6.0 in each section.
- Any student not holding this certificate must mention the submission date in his/her personal statement.
iii) Fields of Study:
The scholarship opportunity will support doctoral research in various fields and disciplines. Anyone interested in pursuing a doctoral degree at Brunel University can find no better option than this. Following are some of the research fields and areas supported by this scholarship.
- Aluminum alloy development
- Computer simulation
- Microstructure modeling evolution
- Robot development
- Historical handwritten text recognition
- Developing resilient hospitals
- Design and development of capsule robot for medical applications
- Fitting GPU optimization
- Computer-aided virtual simulation
- Sensory technology for sports
- Bio-augmented concrete
- Machin learning method for automated designing
- AI-assisted tax relief
- Deep learning for medical imaging
- Experiment designs for network science
- Classical models of quantum information system
- Deep learning for inverse scattering problems
These are some of the top-mentioned fields and research areas supported by this scholarship. Are you interested in one of the fields mentioned above? Great! All you need to do is contact the study abroad consultants in Islamabad today and start your application process.
iv) Documents Required:
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must present the following documents at the time of application.
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV)
- Research project idea (300 to 500 words)
- Personal statement, summarizing your abilities, skills, and educational background
- All educational documents (Degrees and transcripts)
- Name of the supervisor, if you have selected one
- Other supporting documents (if any)
v) Financial Benefits:
Successful candidates will receive a yearly stipend of £17,609. The scholarship tenure is 36 months (3 years). Since the scholarship is fully funded, it will cover all expenses of students.
Secure your spot at top-notch institutes with education consultants!
Studying abroad has always been a dream for almost all students. The process is hectic, and numerous students leave it, but not anymore. Educational virtual consultancy can now help students secure their spots in top-notch institutes. Get in touch with them today!
Read also :