How to Connect Netgear WiFi Extender to Router?
Netgear WiFi range extenders have made it extremely easy for users to enjoy lag-free internet in every nook and cranny of their home. Though Netgear extenders have a huge fan following, still they are tricky to set up for many users. The most common issue faced by users is that their Netgear extender is not connected to the router. If you are also in the same queue, we’ve got your back. Here, in this how-to post, we are going to sum up the ways to make you learn how to connect Netgear WiFi extender to router in five minutes. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Although your router has enough signal strength to let you surf the internet, still it may not be able to cover far corners of your home, especially if you live in a big one. By doing the Netgear extender setup in a correct manner, you can easily fill in the gaps or dead zones in your home. Netgear extenders are easier to use, still some users find it connecting to the router a daunting task. If connecting your Netgear WiFi extender to your router has become a rocket-science for you, then here’s what to do.
How to Connect Netgear WiFi Extender to Router Manually?
- Plug your Netgear WiFi extender into a working power socket and turn it on.
- During the initial Netgear extender setup, make sure to connect your WiFi-enabled device to Netgear_ext.
- Next, grab an Ethernet cable and use it to connect the Netgear extender to your home router.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar.
- Use mywifiext local for Apple or iOS devices and mywifiext.net for Windows or Android devices.
- After entering the correct domain according to your device, press the Enter key.
- New Extender Setup screen displays.
- Fill in the login credentials and click on Log In.
- Once you are on the dashboard of Netgear Genie, you can change your extender’s settings and set it up without any hassle.
- After setting up Netgear extender, you can unplug it and place it anywhere in your house. But make sure that the location you choose for your Netgear extender must be in reach of your existing router.
Thus, by following the instructions highlighted above, you can connect Netgear WiFi extender to router in five minutes. Log in to your extender via www.mywifiext.net to check the internet connection.
How to Connect Netgear WiFi Extender to Router Using WPS Button?
Note: Prior to going with this step, make sure that your Netgear extender and router are WPS-capable.
- Right off the bat, plug in your Netgear extender and router.
- Keep your Netgear WiFi extender and the router in the same room.
- Provide your Netgear extender and router a steady power supply.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear extender. Once found, push it gently.
- After a couple of minutes, press the WPS push button on your router.
- Once the WPS connection gets successfully established, unplug your Netgear extender and place it to your preferred location.
- Then, try connecting your WiFi-enabled devices to the extended WiFi network and access mywifiext to check if your Netgear WiFi extender is now connected to your router or not.
Our post on how to connect Netgear WiFi extender to router ends here. We hope that this piece of writing has helped you make your Netgear WiFi range extender up and running. Just in case you get stuck at any step, feel free to get in touch with our competent technical experts via comments. Our experts are 24×7 available to answer all your queries related to Netgear WiFi range extenders.