Linksys RE6500 Extender not connecting to Internet? Let’s fix it!
Have you set up your Linksys WiFi extender successfully but still it is not connecting to the internet? Fret not! This write-up will take you through a few troubleshooting ways to fix Linksys RE6500 extender not connecting to internet issue. Let’s delve in.
This write-up would be the ultimate guide if you are looking for a solution to the following issues:
Linksys extender won’t connect to internet/ WiFi.
RE6500 not getting internet from router or the access point.
Lost my internet connection, how to get it fixed.
Linksys extender connected but no internet.
Linksys RE6500 setup issues.
Extender can’t detect the router’s SSID.
No LED activity on Linksys extender.
No internet secured error.
My Linksys RE6500 extender not connecting to WiFi/ internet on Windows 10 or iPhone.
Can’t connect to Linksys extender.
RE6500 says connected but no internet access.
Fix: Linksys RE6500 Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue
Power Cycle Your Linksys Extender
Over time, Linksys WiFi range extender becomes overworked due to which you may encounter with the issue. To power cycle your Linksys extender, do the following.
- Unplug your Linksys RE6500 extender.
- Wait for 5-7 minutes.
- Plug your Linksys extender back in.
- The Linksys extender power LED will start blinking.
- Connect RE6500 to your router’s WiFi network.
If you still can’t connect your Linksys extender to the internet, head over to the next troubleshooting tip.
Check the Wired Connections
Chances are that the wired connection you have made to connect your RE6500 and the router for Linksys extender setup may not be proper. To make your Linksys extender connected to the internet 24×7, make a solid connection between your Linksys extender and the router.
- Plug in your router and the Linksys extender in reach of each other.
- Provide them a continuous and uninterrupted power supply.
- Once done, connect them both via Ethernet cable. The connection must be finger-tight, not loose. Besides, do not make use of faulty or damaged Ethernet cable.
Update Your Linksys Extender
Another reason behind the Linksys extender not connecting to the internet issue is an outdated firmware. If your RE6500 device is also running on outdated version of firmware, walk through the steps below to update your extender. Let’s take the plunge!
- Plug in your Linksys extender. Make sure that the power LED on your RE6500 device is stable.
- Open a web browser on a PC or laptop that is connected to Linksys extender setup – xxx.
- Enter extender.linksys.com in the browser’s address bar.
- Press Enter.
- Linksys RE6500 setup page displays.
- Enter the Linksys extender login password.
- Locate the Administration option.
- Click on Firmware Upgrade.
- Head over to Choose File option.
- Click on Start Upgrade.
Updating the latest firmware on your RE6500 fix many big bugs and also the “Linksys extender connected but no internet” issue.
Reset Your Linksys Extender
Still your Linksys RE6500 extender not connecting to internet? If yes, go with the factory reset process. The resetting process will delete all the customized settings of your RE6500 and restore it to factory default settings. Here are the instructions to reset your Linksys WiFi range extender:
- Plug your Linksys extender into a power outlet and turn it on.
- Take a paper clip or pin.
- Locate the Linksys extender factory reset button or hole.
- Once found, push it.
- Hold it for some time.
- Release it.
- Let your Linksys extender reboot itself.
Done! Your Linksys extender has been reset back to the factory default settings. Now, reconfigure your RE6500 again.
That’s how you can get rid of the Linksys RE6500 extender not connecting to internet issue. Still facing the same issue? Reach out to our experts via comments now!