Seven Historical Places To Explore In Mumbai In 2021
Mumbai is the city of dreams for many Indians and foreigners alike. This bustling city, located in the state of Maharashtra, is home to a huge population. The people in the city hail from different corners of the country and the world. Traveling to Mumbai is a good idea to spend your vacation, and you can do so easily by booking your flights from Newark to Mumbai. As it is a major city, you will have no issues in finding multiple EWR to Mumbai flight options. Mumbai is not only a big city, but it is also an incredibly important place in terms of history and culture.
Mumbai has seen everything from ancient civilizations to the Mughal Empire to the colonists who ruled India for a long time. The history that Mumbai has been a witness to, can be seen reflected in the many tourist spots in the city. The historical sites in Mumbai are reasoning enough for you to book your Newark to Mumbai flight as soon as you get the time. But, given the massive size of the city and the numerous tourist attractions, you may find it hard to prepare an itinerary. So, here is a list of places that you must explore if you want to learn more about the history of Mumbai.
- Gateway Of India: The Gateway of India is one of the most popular and iconic places in Mumbai. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that it is, in some ways, a symbol for the city. This place has an interesting piece of history attached to it, as it was constructed in the year 1924 to welcome King George the V and his wife Queen Mary. As it is located on the Mumbai Harbour, the views from this place are absolutely stunning. Any time you book an Air India Newark to Mumbai flight, it would be a pity to leave the city without visiting this brilliant spot.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj terminus: Formerly known as Victoria Terminus, this 19th-century structure is a stunning example of great architecture in the city. The building is a cross between the Indian style of architecture and the Victorian Gothic Revival architecture. This railway station happens to be one of the busiest in the city, and numerous passengers pass through it every single day. This location is definitely Instagram worthy and needs to be on your itinerary for places to explore in Mumbai when you reserve cheap flights to India.
- Taj Mahal Palace: The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel is, without a doubt, the most imposing building in all of the city. This luxurious hotel has everything you need to give you a sense of utmost comfort. If you want to try some of the most delectable dishes or have a cup of tea in style, this is the perfect place for you. This hotel is the perfect place to spend a leisurely day with your friends or family. When you get your Air India EWR to Mumbai flight, make sure that you pay a visit to this hotel to enjoy some time.
- Elephanta Caves: This is one of the most well-known tourist spots in the city and one of the most popular ones in the country. This place is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and houses massive rock-cut structures and caves. The temples in the caves have beautiful carvings of Hindu gods. It is very easy to spend a whole day in this place without realizing it. If you enjoy trekking, then you can also do that here. This important historical place is the whole package for a family tour. You can also shop for souvenirs here, to get something that will remind you of a great time.
- Haji Ali Dargah: This mausoleum is located in the middle of the Arabian Sea on an islet. On days when the tide is high, it seems as if the mosque is floating in the water. The sheer beauty of this location is mind-blowing, and you will surely be mesmerized by it all. Although it is a place of worship, you will surely appreciate the beauty of this place regardless of your personal faith. This mosque is another fascinating example of architecture, and anyone interested in it will definitely be very impressed.
- Rajabai Clock Tower: Located close to the Mumbai High Court building, this tower in the South of Mumbai is another great place for sightseeing. This tower is adorned by ancient figures, and these add thoroughly to its beauty. This tower is a blend of both the Gothic style of architecture and Venetian style of architecture. Just like a clock tower should, this too plays melodious music at times that are specified. This structure is visible from a great distance, and it was once one of the most imposing structures in the city. Although it isn’t the tallest tower in the city, you can rest assured that this place is still quite alluring.
- Kanheri Caves: Located in the Borivali area, these prehistoric caves are the perfect place for a day filled with adventure. These caves display the passage of time as you can see different caves that belong to different periods. The Buddhist inspiration in the caves can be seen in the figures that are engraved on the walls of the caves. The caves are surrounded by greenery, so you get to treat your eyes to a beautiful view. These caves are a great place to enjoy some quality time with your near and dear ones when you are in the city by booking cheap flights to India.
These historical sites are not only for those who are interested in history. But, these are also for people who want to explore new and interesting places. Grabbing EWR to Mumbai flights will guarantee that you have a great time on your vacation. Mumbai is also a great place to spend some time with family, and these sites will keep people of all ages entertained when booking cheap flights to India. Now, all there is left to do is pack your bags and get ready to fly away to this wonderful destination for your next trip.