Why My Netgear Extender Is Not Working?
If your Netgear WiFi range extender has stopped working suddenly, then this easy guide will help you fix all extender-related problems.
Netgear range extender not working issue is one of the most common issues faced by 90 percent users across the world. If the same issue is baffling you as well, don’t rush to kick-off or reset your Netgear extender. Instead of banging your head or regretting to purchase the device, try a few troubleshooting tips highlighted below and let your extender perform the best for you. Keep reading!
Let’s have a quick glance at some basic troubleshooting tips first!
- Give your Netgear WiFi extender and modem a restart. Unplug them one by one from their respective wall outlets, wait for a short while, and then plug them back in again. Plug in your main router first.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the WiFi or internet LED on your Netgear extender and modem turn on. If the internet LED on your router and Netgear extender is lit, then probably this particular fix has helped you out to fix the issue. Else, head over to the next tip.
Placing your Netgear extender and router:
- At the center location of your home
- Near to each other
- On an open and higher place
- Away from unknown WiFi and Bluetooth devices will help you a lot to make the most out of your Netgear extender
Update your Extender Firmware
Chances are that the firmware on your Netgear extender has become outdated. This can be the reason behind Netgear extender not working issue. Hence, to fix the issue, update your extender’s firmware. To do so:
- Launch a web browser from a desktop or laptop that is connected to your home WiFi network.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the browser’s address bar and log in to your extender. Clear cache and browsing history prior to accessing any website on your web browser.
- Firmware Update page displays.
- Select Settings > Firmware Update option.
- Click on Check and if new firmware version is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update the Netgear extender firmware.
Is updating the latest firmware on your Netgear extender has fixed the issue for you? If not, consider resetting your Netgear extender as the last resort.
You can reset your Netgear extender either by using a hard reset or by using a soft reset method.
How to Hard Reset Your Netgear Extender?
- Locate the Netgear extender reset hole.
- Press it using a pin, paper clip or any similar object.
- Once done, release the reset hole and allow your extender to reboot.
- That’s it! You can perform the Netgear extender setup process again for seamless internet connectivity throughout your house.
How to Soft Reset Your Netgear Extender?
Note: The soft reset process is applicable on a few Netgear extender models only.
- Turn on a WiFi-enabled device.
- Open an internet browser.
- Log in to your Netgear extender.
- Head over to the extender’s settings.
- Select Other > RESET option.
- Thus, a confirmation screen appears.
- Confirm your decision here.
- Your Netgear extender resets successfully.
Now, you can access the mywifiext login page, set up your Netgear extender using the on-screen instructions, and enjoy the blazing-fast internet all over your house.
In a Nutshell
So, this was our troubleshooting guide to make your Netgear extender up and running. Was this post helpful? Do you still need more help to resolve all the extender-related issues? Please share your feedback with us. Apart from that, if you have any other suggestions to make Netgear extender work smoothly, feel free to let us know via comments. We will be happy to hear from you.